Women's Leadership Council
United Way's Women's Leadership Council (WLC) in Westmoreland and Fayette Counties is a powerful network of nearly 100 women who are dedicated to developing women's leadership through philanthropy and engagement.
Our members support Faith in Action, a program that provides volunteer support for older adults in our community.
- Underwrite and mentor the annual YWCA Rising Star award/ee (given to a young woman under 35 who has shown early professional success and community involvement)
- Attend local WLC meetings and social events
- Volunteer time, professional expertise and talents to WLC causes
- Receive exclusive updates on projects and programs
- Engage in making a better life for all in our community
For more information, download our brochure.
Women who donate $1,000 or more, designated to Faith in Action, become WLC members. We also offer special giving options for new members.
We offer two WLC step-up plans, which allow new members to commit incrementally over 3 or 5 years.
WLC Step-Up Plans:
Our newest membership/mentorship initiative, ToGetHer Leading allows a current WLC member tosponsor a young professional woman of promise, 35 years of age or younger, “to get her leading” and introduce her to all that WLC has to offer. Members can be a sponsor for up to two years with an additional gift of $500 per year, supporting a young woman of their choosing.
For more information on WLC or membership, contact Alyssa Cholodofsky at 724-834-7170 ext. 28 or Alyssa.Cholodofsky@unitedwayswpa.org.
WLC Is Supported By