Supporting the nearly 50,000 veterans who call our area home.
Thousands of veterans call our region home, but many are facing homelessness, health issues, unemployment and poverty. Project SERVE provides immediate care and resources to local veterans by funding an expert network of veteran services. We support human and emergency services for recently returned veterans, aging veterans and their families:
1. Emergency Basic Needs Fund - A United Way fund available to help veterans with rent payments, utilities, heating bills and more.
2. Faith in Action - Volunteer-based program providing services to seniors living at home. Faith in Action has served/is serving nearly 40 veterans in Westmoreland County.
3. Income Tax Assistance Clinics for Veterans - Volunteer income tax preparers, trained by the IRS, help veterans prepare their taxes, including military-specific forms, for free.
4. Homelessness & Evicition Prevention - Includes Westmoreland Community Action’s veteran-specific shelter and services from the Union Mission and the Welcome Home Shelter.
5. Mental Health Resources & Information - Veterans and family members get connected to mental health resources through Family Services of Western Pennsylvania and Mental Health America of Westmoreland County.
6. 2-1-1 Help Line - A free human service help line connecting people to information and referrals. 2-1-1’s Resource Navigators are specially trained to respond to the needs of veterans and their families.
GIVE YOUR SUPPORT