The Impact Fund is where your donation combines with thousands of others to create a local, life-changing force.
Programs supported by the Impact Fund represent a select group of non-profit agencies who are best positioned to affect positive change in our community. The following programs are currently funded through our 2014-2017 Impact Fund grants in Westmoreland, Fayette and Southern Armstrong Counties.
We fund programs that help kids succeed in school, work and life, especially outcomes-driven programs that improve third grade reading proficiency, offer quality pre-kindergarten and improve school performance.
- Community-Based Mentoring, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region
- School-Based Mentoring, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region
- Dating and Sexual Violence Prevention/Education in Schools, Blackburn Center
- Truancy Elimination, Crime Victims' Center of Fayette County
- Early Childhood Learning Center, Greensburg YMCA
- Outreach Education, HAVIN, Inc. (Helping All Victims In Need)
- Catching Up and Keeping Up, Peoples Library - New Kensington
- Summer Reading program, Sewickley Township Public Library
- Preschool Readiness, The Arc of Westmoreland
- Child Care Services, Valley Points Family YMCA
- Early Learning Readiness for informal family, friends and neighbor caretakers, Valley Points Family YMCA
- Joining to Achieve Youth Success (JAYS) after school program, Westmoreland Community Action
- Literacy for Children, YWCA of Westmoreland County
We fund programs that strengthen our community safety net and help families leave poverty.
- Disaster Relief Services, American Red Cross of Chestnut Ridge
- Legal and Medical Advocacy, Blackburn Center
- Emergency Shelter, Blackburn Center
- Direct Services, CASA of Westmoreland, Inc.
- Emergency Financial Assistance and Case Management, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Greensburg
- Habitat for Humanity Homeownership Program, Central Westmoreland Habitat for Humanity
- Welcome Home Shelter, Connect, Inc.
- Direct Services, Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern PA
- Food Bank, Fayette County Community Action Agency, Inc.
- Rent Assistance for Homeless and At Risk, Feeding the Spirit
- Direct Services, HAVIN, Inc. (Helping All Victims In Need)
- Emergency Men's Shelter, Union Mission of Latrobe, Inc
- Mothers Making More, Westmoreland Community Action
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Westmoreland Community Action
- Food Pantry Distribution, Westmoreland County Food Bank, Inc.
- Distribution of Free Diapers to Children of Low Income Families, Western Pennsylvania Diaper Bank
We fund programs that help older adults, people with disabilities and everyone in our community live healthfully, especially programs that serve older adults in their homes, protect seniors from abuse, help people access health services (including through transportation) and support family caregivers.
- Outreach & Victim Services to Older Adults, Blackburn Center
- Sign Language and Interpretation Supports, Center for Hearing & Deaf Services, Inc. Westmoreland
- Nurse Family Partnership, Fayette County Community Action Agency, Inc.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Expansion of Service Area, Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers of Fayette, Inc.
- Direct Services, Laurel Area Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers - Faith in Action
- Direct Services, Wesley Health Center, Inc.